Cartoons




My little cousins came by to my house a few weeks ago and they were watching Spongebob on tv9 which is in Bahasa Malaysia and it got me thinking. 

When I was a kid I used to learn a lot of new words by watching cartoons. I dare to say that I have learned more words and phrases from cartoon than any other storybooks. Every time when I heard the characters said a word that I had never heard before I would quickly rush to the kitchen where my mom was and asked her the meaning of the particular word/phrases.  So these English speaking cartoons make learning new vocab fun for me.

 So since tv9 have change these cartoon from English to BM I find it as purely entertainment as the kids watching them cannot learn any English words or learn to speak English. So I think these cartoons in BM is not very beneficial and is just one of the tv9 scheme to get a higher viewer rating.

P/s: Spongebob's voice in BM is weird.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you praaameeessssssss.

btw i think the cartoons in BM serves as an option. kids need both english and BM vocabs.

amerhadiazmi said...

agreed.

waktu pakai mega tv dulu kagum astro sebab boleh tukar-tukar language and tukar tukar subtitle. mcm dvd. tp nowadays mcm tak utilized jer..

FITTED said...

agak ah
mmg weird gle
u rase sape punye suare tu ekh?
haha

Amer 'Arif said...

Orang sama dalamyg jd sunyo dlm doremon